Monday, February 7, 2011

Introducing....



 Our son, DIMA!!!  As of today we have officially committed to this precious boy and we are so excited and anxious to meet him.  We of course have a TON of paperwork, a home study, more paperwork, more paperwork, some traveling, more paperwork, and more traveling.  Sounds like a lot, but I think I would rather go through all of that than another pregnancy at this point.  We look forward to sharing our journey with you and we hope that you will pray for us as we step out in faith in doing what God has called us to do.  

Here is what information we have on our son for now, directly from Reece's Rainbow:

Born, Born May 15, 2004
Our Dima is still waiting!  Dima has blonde hair and a personality that just glows.  He is considered very high functioning.  He lived with his family for a while, as they did not realize he had Down syndrome.  He is facing the institution very soon and is blessed to still be at the baby house!    He is active, happy, and social.  He will make a wonderful son!

We would also like to thank those of you that have already made a contribution to Dima's adoption.  Without you we would not even be at this point!  A HUGE thank you to Coat's Roofing Company!  They lowered the cost of our roof so we could cover the rest of our Promise Trust.  They did so without hesitation and with a cheerful heart.  THANK YOU!

--Jenny

8 comments:

kristenmarble.com said...

So very excited for you guys. It will be such to pray for you through this exciting process!

Marianne said...

Congratulations! I just found your blog through the RR "new commitments" page. I, too, am a home schooling pastor's wife and we live just north of you in Gainesville. We have three bio boys about the ages of yours, and just adopted a little girl with DS through RR this past fall. Again, congratulations on your wonderful adoption journey!!

Jodi said...

Hi and congratulations!

I have always loved Dima....have you talked with Kisha Knapp?? she met him and said he was just adorable and sweet and smart :)

Her blog is http://sewntogetherbygrace.blogspot.com/

I can't wait to follow along....by the way, have you noticed sweet Michael in #18?? Oh, he's adorable too.....hint hint.

We LOVE Ocala!!! we're from MN but we have been down there many times staying at the Silver River State Park....we just love it there, it's SO beautiful!

Blessings,
Jodi
adopted Toma from Ukra*ne last March.

MandyMom.com said...

So exciting, girl! I can't wait to hear more about him! I can only imagine your heart and soul (and all of heaven) is rejoicing!

Emi said...

Congratulations! Dima is such a cute kid! He will bring lots of joy to your family!

Kisha said...

Oh I'm stalking now huh, I just emailed you! I'm just rejoicing so much for you all and sweet Dima. You are in for such a treat, he's wonderful! I didn't say this in my email, but when you get to planning for travel and clothes, Dima is the size of a 5/6 yo. Congrats again. Oh and if I can find it, I have such a cute pic of him.

Jodi said...

If Kisha can't find it, I might be able to find the ones she sent me of him :)

Me said...

Congratulations!!!!! I love, love to see these stories begin and watch them unfold. All for God's glory!!