Friday, February 18, 2011

Promise of Things to Come

This morning I woke up to a bright, sunny, beautiful day here in Central Florida.  The windows are open, the boys are out in the back yard playing (they did do their reading assignments), and the air smells like spring.  Spring arrives a little early here in FL and I love the days where you get a little glimpse of what is to come.  The weather is not yet hot, but the day gets to be about 80 with low humidity.  The sun is out and can make your cheeks a little pink.  Trees and flowers are blooming and you can smell their fragrance.  Summer is not too far away and the days will turn into hot lazy days days.  The boys will cease playing on the swing set during the day, and we will live in our swimming pool from the time we get up until we go to bed.  The boys especially love our nighttime swims when it is dark and we have nothing more than a porch light and moonlight to light up the pool (don't worry, the porch light is pretty bright!).

With this summer not only will it bring long, lazy days, but a new member to our family.  This morning as I gathered the dirty laundry I day dreamed about what it will be like with 4 little boys playing and splashing in the pool, staying up late to watch a movie together in the playroom, and riding bikes after supper.  Will Daniel like to splash in the pool with his brothers?  Will he like to play fetch with Jax in the evenings?  What will he like to do most?  Oh I could go on and on all day thinking like this but alas I must clean.  Today's weather just fills my heart with hope and happiness.  A promise of all of the wonderful things to come this summer.

--Jenny

1 comment:

Leah S. said...

I'm SO excited that you're adopting Dima! He's been on my radar for a long time, and reminds me so much of my Axel, who we just adopted from Serbia in December. Axel is 10. Looking forward to following your journey!