Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Jeremiah!!

Yesterday my sweet Jeremiah turned 8- wow!  Where is the time going?  I can distinctly remember the very moment I found out that I was pregnant with him, running out of the bathroom waving the pregnancy test in the air.  Eric didn't believe me and made me take several more tests to confirm what I was already very certain was true.  Jeremiah made me a momma.  He was such a happy and easygoing baby that we decided to have another one right away.  When Jeremiah was just 7 months old we became pregnant with Elijah.  I wish I could say that Elijah was just as happy and easy, but regardless, we just love being parents.

Birthdays are a big deal in our home.  When one has a birthday they are king (or queen in my case) for the day!  Jeremiah decided not to get dressed at all, played outside in his pajamas, got wet in the rain, watched some Loony Tunes, had us take him to Golden Corral for supper (he was dressed for that!), and fell asleep in our bed watching Toy Story 3.  I should add that Jeremiah woke up to helium balloons tied to his chair at the breakfast table and a pile of gifts from various family members.  I permitted him to open just one gift in the morning, and it was something from his Uncle Geoff (my younger brother)- Nerf dart guns!  A good day for my Jeremiah!

Today we are all recovering from our partying (ha ha!) and doing various chores around the house.  Eric and Jeremiah went off to recycle cans to get more money for our adoption expenses and run some other errands.  In fact, I just received a phone call from Eric that blew me away.  He had to get our pool water tested at Pinch-a-Penny and while he was in there he asked the manager's wife if they would hang a flier for our big fundraiser at Easy Street.  Not only did she agree to do so, but she wrote a check out to us for $100 to go into our adoption grant with Reece's Rainbow.  I am so overwhelmed with gratitude!  God is just providing in ways that we least expect Him to.  We also had a complete stranger donate to our cause in the Dollar Tree on Thursday when Nathan was passing out fliers for our fundraiser.  For anyone that does not believe in miracles, ask me about miracles.  This entire adoption process is a miracle in and of itself!

Well, I best get back to my Saturday chores.  I also hear a little someone (Nathan) in the kitchen and I better see what it is he is getting to eat.  Have a great weekend!

--Jenny




No comments: