Thursday, March 31, 2011

Missing a Little Someone

Today is one of those days where I long for my Daniel so very much.  It has been a rainy, snuggly kind of day where I wish I could snuggle with all FOUR of my boys and watch some old school Pink Panther or Mr. Bean.  As we all sat at the table to eat lunch a little bit ago we all felt as though there was someone missing...there was. Daniel.  Sometimes I try to picture what he is doing.  I know that he is about 6 hours ahead, so for instance I know that it is about 8:00 p.m. where he is...is he getting ready for bed?  Does he have warm pajammies?  Is someone tucking him in or does he climb into bed without goodnight hugs and kisses?  Did he remember to brush his teeth?  Did he get a nice, warm bath?  Is his belly full?  Is he scared?  

If he were here and it was bedtime there would more than likely be a fight over who gets to sleep with who!  There would be giggles and squeals as Daddy reads a bedtime story and then tickles them.  He would fall asleep felling safe and loved.  He would have 3 brothers that love him unconditionally for who he is.  He would know that his Momma and Poppa are just a short little run across the house should he get scared.  He would know that he has a Momma and a Poppa that also love him unconditionally for who he is; just as God created him.

I know that God has everything in His hands and He has Daniel in His hands, but this momma's heart just aches for her sweet, sweet boy on the other side of the world.  Today was just one of those days.  That paper work just cannot get done fast enough and it feels like we will never be fully funded.  Deep down I know better, I just cannot wait to meet my little man and bring him home forever.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. Praying that you will be able to get your precious boy soon.

Joy for the Seasons said...

I have mama tears for you. Love and hugs to you!