Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thank You's & Next Few Fundraisers

Before I get into fundraiser stuff, I just want to let you all know that things are going well.  Tomorrow we should be receiving our medial forms which will be faxed immediately to our social worker.  She will then be able to finish writing up our home study and we can move onto more Dossier paperwork!  Even though it is almost April and we committed at the beginning of February, things seem to be moving along quickly. I hope that it continues and that sweet and precious boy is soon a part of this family!

I also would like to take a moment and thank those of you that have been so supportive- through prayer and encouragement.  Without that Eric and I would not have the strength to keep up all of this craziness.  The hugs that I get from my sweet lady friends at church are like balm to my soul and the prayers, little notes of encouragement, and the swift kicks to the proverbial behind are all so helpful, too.  And to my dear friend, Cris, who has been able to allow me to be so real and transparent when necessary.  Oh my goodness have you been patient with me my friend!  To those of you that have contributed financially, I am without words to express my amazement.  Some of you have given above and beyond even when you yourselves could have easily used that money.  Saying thank you never seems to be quite enough though your true reward is awaiting you in heaven.  Thank you....

Now onto to business!

The Pampered Chef Fundraiser is still going on but it ends Friday.  If you have any orders to place please contact my consultant, Colleen Kudis:  colleensjewelry@comcast.net  She will be able to place your order and accept your payment.  Thank you to Colleen for all of her hard work in helping to make this a successful fundraiser!  Thank you also to those of you that ordered.  All of the proceeds from that fundraiser will go towards our overseas expenses.

The next fundraiser is a Cash for Gold fundraiser being organized by a very dear woman from our church, Carol Holzschuh.  She is collecting gold which is then being sold to a gentleman with whom she has experience selling gold.  He pays well and this fundraiser could potentially make a few thousand dollars.  That money will also be going towards our overseas expenses.  If you have any broken gold jewelry and you would like to participate, please contact Carol at:  (352) 873-1772.  She gave me permission to post her phone number but please do not make any crank calls.  She can give you an address to which you can send the gold.  Or if you would rather contact me directly that is fine, too.  Carol, however, is the one in charge of this fundraiser.  A HUGE thank you to her for her hard work and dedication to bringing Daniel home.  Also helping with this fundraiser is Ocala Copy Center on East Silver Springs Blvd.  They donated 200 color copies and some black and white copies to help advertise for this fundraiser.  So if you live in Ocala and ever need some copying done, that is the place to go!  Anyway, I do not have a deadline for this fundraiser and I do not think one has been set.  Please keep in mind, however, that Daniel's country could be shut down this summer and Eric and I are trying to have all of our Dossier complete by the end of May.  Lord willing we will be traveling in June!

Saturday, April 2nd if our huge yard sale.  It will take place at our home, and if you need directions please email me privately.  It will begin at 8:00 a.m. and go until everything is sold.  We will not be pricing each item, but we will be asking for minimum donations depending upon the item.  There is lots of furniture, scrap fabric for quilting, expensive purses, knick-knacks, toys, bikes, an electric grill, etc...  There is something for everyone and it is all for a good cause.  A HUGE thank you to my friend, Cris Kelty, for basically running the show.  She will also be my "bouncer" for anyone trying to low-ball me so beware- she is one tough cookie!

COFFEE!!!!  Don't forget that we are selling Fair Trade coffee and products through Just Love Coffee.  Our family receives $5.00 from the sale of each bag and a few dollars from the sale of each product.  Gourmet coffee makes great gifts or it is a great way to pamper yourself.  Starbucks can add up and you are not really helping anyone.  Fair Trade Coffee is not as expensive per cup PLUS you are helping to give an orphan a forever family.  I would say that is a win/win situation.

In the meantime Jeremiah, Elijah, and Nathan are all working on paintings (actual paintings on canvases!) which they would like to auction off.  Each boy will be making a video to show their painting and describing what it is they painted for you all to see.  Now of course my boys are children and their artwork is nothing fancy, but it is something they were able to do to help make a contribution to bringing their brother home.  Details to follow in the next few days.

Finally, I am in the process of perfecting an amazing Key Lime Pie recipe that another Reece's Rainbow Momma so graciously shared.  And when I say perfecting the recipe, I should say that there is nothing in the recipe that is wrong- I just need to make sure I can follow the recipe and have some success!  I will be making Key Lime Pies and delivering them to anyone who is interested and that will be pretty much ongoing until Daniel comes home.  Stay tuned for details on that one, too!

So as you can see I am super busy!  Don't worry, school is still getting done, the house is clean, the laundry is done, the dog and fish are fed (as are the boys!), and we are sleeping at least 7 hours a night.  Not sure how we are managing to get it all done, but I suppose with Christ all things are possible, right?!


No comments: