Sunday, May 8, 2011

Elijah's Mohawk Challenge Results!!!

When I woke up this morning I truly did not think that I would be dying Elijah's hair pink today.  Was I ever so wrong!!!  At church this morning I was handed $1500 in cash and then found that our grant with Reece's Rainbow had grown, too!!  In all Elijah's challenge raised an amazing $1525!!!  So not only will Elijah be getting a pink mohawk today, but our little Nathan will, too!!!  Jeremiah has politely bowed out of participating (and that's O.K- I didn't want to force anyone into something they do not want to do).  If Eric had hair, however, I would have asked him to participate but poor Eric has no hair!!!  Eric and I continue to be amazed at how God is providing for our adoption but it only confirms one thing- LOVE ALWAYS WINS!!!!

So on that excited note, I am off to Wal-Mart to purchase pink dye for my sons' hair.  Eric and I will be posting videos of our endeavors later this afternoon so stay tuned.  And you know what?  I could not have asked for a better Mother's Day present than to have to dye my sons' hair pink to raise money to bring another son home.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I am so glad. I wanted so badly to help yesterday but our cupboards are bare and I had nothing in my Paypal. So I prayed that someone would provide for your sweet son's fundraiser. Thanking the Lord her in VA!