Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hello, My Name Is Jenny and I Stalk Fed Ex Packages

First things first.  We did not meet our $200 goal yesterday (we made about $145) so I will not be sharing a long Dima story with you.  But I CAN share a little snippet that Catherine sent to me recently (just because I am nice like that):

"I saw Dima again today. Sorry I wasn't able to get a picture. He was walking in line with his group. I yelled out, "Hello Dima" and he turned and smiled at me and pointed to himself and said, "Dima". He is precious! I will try hard to get more pictures for you."

You see?  Dima is a super sweet little guy in desperate need of getting home!

Which brings me to my next point.  I've been stalking our Dossier like mad since Tuesday morning.  As of this morning our Dossier has arrived in the capital of Dima's country which is exactly where it needs to be! I am hoping that it will be delivered sometime today even though it is scheduled to arrive to its destination tomorrow evening.  We are down to the wire my friends!  In just a few short weeks Eric, Carol, and I will be boarding a plane to go on a rescue mission.  Yes, this IS a rescue mission!  If you want to see some little ones in Dima's orphanage visit Catherine's blog.  You will see that even though Dima seems to be well taken care of it is still not a pretty place to be.  Dima has already been there for at least 5 years. Can you imagine?  But life can change for him.  Dima can be redeemed and rescued!  He can know a life of love and happiness.  He can have a full life that shows the glory of God!  But we need your help.  Will you help us rescue Dima from a bleak and sorrowful future?

Adoption affects all of us.  Even if you do not agree with what we are doing and you are a believer in Christ, adoption DOES affect you.  How?  YOU were adopted!  Christ came into the spiritual orphanage and sought you out!  You and I were no prettier than any of the orphans I've shared with you on Facebook or that are in Catherine's blog.  You and I were "the least of these" at one point and we were chosen.  There we sat in a corner, in our own filth (sin), wretched and unworthy.  But Christ changed all of that for us.  Each and every one of us.  Adopting Dima is merely mirroring what Jesus has done for us.  Are we not supposed to be like Christ?  We are his body!  We are His hands and feet!

Not everyone is in a position to adopt, but everyone can do something.  Eric and I are willing and able, we just do not have $10,000 laying around (I do not know many people who do, actually).  We need the body of Christ to come together and help us do a task that the Lord has set before us.  If you cannot give you can pray.  If you are not the praying type you can simply encourage us.  But now is the time to rally.  Our time is growing near.

If you want to participate in our Nook Color giveaway it ends on the 14th.  Click here to be taken directly to the blog entry that explains it all.

In the meantime I saw this video on another adoption blog yesterday.  Just wanted to share.



I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
John 14:18

No comments: