Thursday, June 30, 2011

Some Positive News & Hope

Today we received some news from Dima's country regarding the temporary adoption closure.  Apparently, by law, the new adoption authority must be in place within a three month window.  That means the closure cannot last longer than three months!  This also gives us hope that maybe the closure will not last very long- maybe just several weeks or so.  Regardless, I see a tiny little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Even though we have no solid timeframe, I am going to pray very specifically that we get to head over to Dima sometime in August.  My birthday is in August and getting Dima would make for the BEST birthday ever!!  It never hurts to ask, right?  in the meantime please continue to pray for Dima as he waits.  In the meantime I rejoice in each day as it comes knowing that sooner rather than later we will get that phone call.  Makes life a little exciting!

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

4 comments:

Ashley said...

WHAT?!?! SAY HUH?!? WOOOO!!! This gives me a bit of hope! Don't even know where you heard it - don't really care. It's the word of hope I needed :) Go God!

Terra Jones said...

LOVE this!!!!

And Love Heb. 11:1.

Continually praying for y'all and Dima!!!!!!!

LeeFam said...

WE will be praying hard over here on the East coast also. I did have a question though also. I purchased a t-shirt and bracelet from you paying on May 28th. I have yet to receive either one. I know you all have had a lot going on with illness, news of the country closure and also fundraising. Just do not want to slip through the cracks as I am very excited for my t-shirt! If you need my full shipping address please let me know, but I am located in Jupiter, FL. So my address should have been on my paypal payment. Thank you and our family will continue praying for yours.

The Monier Family said...

LeeFam- I left a comment on your blog back in May to get your full name and shipping adddress. Please send me an email with all of that information at: jenny.monier@gmail.com

Here is my note from your blog:

"The Monier Family said...
Hi there! I am looking through my Paypal payments received and I need your name. We ship items out on Mondays- last Monday our Dossier took priority as did getting our paper work completed. Sorry for the delay:) You can send me a private email with your name and address if you would like: jenny.monier@gmail.com

Thanks!!!:)

June 13, 2011 5:33 AM

Thanks!!!