Thursday, June 16, 2011

Update

It sure has been an emotional 12 hours.  I couldn't sleep last night and was up until 2:00 a.m. just thinking and praying about everything.  So much information to digest in such a short amount of time.

First, I am waiting on word word about our Dossier.  Dima's country is 7 hours ahead of us so as of right now it is almost 4:00 p.m. there and I assume their offices close at 5:00 p.m. like here.  So any time now I should have word.  Please keep praying, however.

Second, I had an opportunity to speak with my Stateside facilitator last evening.  I am not going to go into too much detail, but suffice to say that it was a relatively positive conversation and things look very hopeful for us and for Dima.  So I am not feeling as frantic as I was when I last posted here.

Third, if we do get submitted, chances are we will not have much notice on our travel date.  There was a family that was submitted and got their travel assigned to them on Tuesday- they leave MONDAY!  Most likely we will have a short notice.  But like I told my Stateside facilitator, Eric and I work well under pressure and can handle it.  Secretly Eric has always wanted to be on the Amazing Race (ha ha!).

Finally, my heart hurts for the families that are going to be stuck in limbo.  I cannot imagine the pain and anguish that must cause.  On the up side this temporary closure is supposed to bring about some wonderful changes to the adoption program with Dima's country.  So we can rejoice in that information for sure.

As soon as I hear anything I will be sure to let everyone know!  Thank you for your prayers and encouragement!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Praying you're submitted... (praying we are too!)
Hang in there.