Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday would have most likely been the day that Eric and I would have boarded a plane to a far off land to go meet our little boy.  I will not lie, yesterday was a tough day.  I cried- a lot.  To top it off Elijah, Sammy, and I have all had a nasty case of the stomach flu.  So much of my crying was pure exhaustion.  But there is truly a part of me that cries because of the fact that we were so close to getting to Dima.  Our Dossier was submitted and approved, all we needed was an appointment with the SDA....  I was willing to hop a plane at a moment's notice to go to my son.  Yet that was not God's plan.  We must wait.  I  anxiously await the day that we get that phone call to get on a plane and rescue our little man.

If I could talk to Dima or write a note to him, this is what I would say:

My dear, sweet, Dima,
Mama and Papa are so sorry that we cannot get to you as soon as we had hoped.  Our hearts were broken when we got the news that your country was going to shut down to adoptions, even though it is only temporary.  We cried and prayed that maybe somehow we could get to you in time, but it just was not going to happen.  So we must wait.  Even while we wait, however, you are always in our thoughts and in our hearts.  You have 3 brothers who love you more than you could ever imagine.  They pray for you every evening at the supper table and talk about all the fun they will have with you.  I think it is safe to say that you will never ever be alone or abandoned ever again.  Sammy, your littlest brother, wants to work at Publix with you and live with you forever.  The other night, Elijah, your other little brother, was so sick with the tummy flu and as he sat there feeling miserable he cried.  Not because he felt so awful but because he was afraid that if you got the tummy flu where you are now, I could not be there to take care of you.  Elijah worries about you every day and wants you to be here with us.  Jeremiah is your oldest brother and loves to learn about where you live now.  He asks all kinds of questions about your country and hopes that we can teach you lots about your heritage as you grow up.  You also have grandparents that are eager to meet you.  They love to get pictures of you whenever someone is able to snap a picture of you- they love your smile!  They also are thrilled to hear about when someone contacts us with stories about meeting you.  You even have a Great Gram who shows your picture to anyone and everyone who will sit still long enough.  She thinks you are quite the special little man and is eager to see your smile in person.
There are even more people who know of you and your story.  People I do not even know have been praying for you!  You are loved so much more than you could ever imagine and it breaks my heart that you cannot yet be here to know that love.  Hang in there sweet boy...we will come to you as soon as we are able.  In the meantime I pray that God has given you peace in your heart, that somehow you know that your Mama and Papa are out there somewhere.
All our love,
Mama & Papa xoxoxoxo...  


No comments: