Wednesday, July 20, 2011

15 Days 'Til Liftoff!

Not including today we have 15 days until we leave.  While it is very exciting for us, it is also very overwhelming to prepare for all of this.  The week we leave our older two boys will be away at church camp which means I must pack for them next week.  This will be their very first time ever going away to camp, too, so no stress there, right?  My babies are big boys now and going off to camp to become little men! Oh my stars!

Next we have our upcoming school year.  We homeschool and we somewhat follow our public school calendar.  The first day of school is August 22nd.  More than likely we will still be away so I must get everything prepared now.  My mother-in-law is so graciously going to get the boys off to a solid start for me while I am away and I am so very grateful.  But there is lots of organizing that needs to be done, lesson plans laid out, and did I mention lots of organizing?

And packing for Eric, Dima, and I.  SO much to think about!  Thankfully I have most everything ready to roll for Dima, but I still need to get our assortment of over the counter meds, plug adapters or converters, a stroller, receipt ledger, envelopes, baggies, and on and on and on!  Yikes!  My brain hurts just thinking about it all.

But I am not complaining.  No, I am enjoying the anticipation of adding another boy to our family.  It feels so much like preparing for the birth of a baby only I am not a gazillion pounds and swollen.  But the excitement, the nesting, the emotions, everything feels like being pregnant.

I would like to share a few specific prayer requests if I may, and ask that you keep these items in prayer for us over the next 15 days.

*Prayer for peace in the boys' hearts.
*Good sleep for all of us as we prepare to travel.
*Good health for our family and Carol.
*Wisdom and discernement for Eric and I as we lay out plans with his parents.
*That we would be fully funded by the time we leave.
*For Dima's heart to be prepared to meet us.

I can do all things in Christ who gives me strength.  Philippians 4:13

No comments: