Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Most DIfficult Part

Tomorrow will actually be the most difficult part of our adoption journey.  What is that, you say?  We do not leave for another 5 days?  Correct.  Tomorrow Eric and I drop our oldest boys off at church camp for the week.  It is there that I must say, "See you later" until the beginning of September.  Tonight as I tucked each precious boy into bed I had to hold back my tears; I know that I truly love my boys if the separation already hurts.  This was also the last family night we had as a family of 5.  Again, also very bittersweet.

Our Sunday at church tomorrow will also be very fitting as it is Family Sunday.  The children will be singing and Eric will be preaching for the first time ever on a Sunday morning.  I am not exactly certain as to what Eric will be saying, but I do know that he will be address God's plan for families and even the church family.  So fitting for him since we are about to go off and physically do exactly what God has done for each of us- adopt someone deemed unworthy and redeem him with the love of a family!  It is going to also be difficult to sit through the service without crying because I have so many emotions.


1 comment:

Aislinn said...

Jenny-we are on our way out the door...
It is painful, painful leaving.....
but for the joy set before us we go :)

Hope we can meet up,
you are in our prayers....