Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Less Than 24 Hours

In less than 24 hours we have our SDA appointment.  While I've been here since Friday afternoon, the reality of it all is only hitting me now.  I've grown comfortable here and all of that is about to change as we learn about our precious boy and head to Kremenchuk at the end of the week.  It is amazing, just amazing how God has brought this all together.  Yet I am not surprised.  God does not desire for these amazing children to sit and waste away, His will is for them to be in loving families and contribute to society.  No doubt.

Eric, Carol, and I have noticed how we have not seen many children.  Seriously, we could count on two hands the number of children that we have seen here in Kiev.  But today we saw something pretty amazing.  While we were in the Mega Mart purchasing band-aids and razors we saw a little girl with her Mama who had CP.  She was so full of joy and happiness as she looked at all of the toys and stuffed animals.  She even wandered towards us as we sat at a table to rest and smiled.  We smiled back at her and then looked at her Mama and smiled.  She was a little confused by why were smiling but in my mind I was telling her, "Kudos to you!".

Over the past several days the three of us have developed a love for the people here as well as Ukraine in general.  I am grateful for the extra time we have had here and will always look back on this time with great fondness and love.

But the highlight will be meeting my Dima.  My precious, precious Dima.  It will take every ounce of self-control not to grab him and RUN out of the orphanage gates.  I just cannot wait to hold him and tell him how much we love him.  Oh dear Dima we would have been here much sooner if we could have.  This little love has no idea just how much love so many already have for him.

As my friend, Jen, said, "Dima is a rock star and he doesn't even know it".  So true!  You know, we ran into a couple in the Billa Market this past Sunday from Tallahassee, FL!  The mother knew who I was from this blog and she knew all about Dima.  She and her husband are also here to adopt but not through Reece's Rainbow.  They found their children through a host program.

In the meantime we hope to get a good night's sleep so we feel refreshed in the morning.  If you happen to be awake at 3:00 a.m. EST would you please lift us up in prayer?  Thanks!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Praying, Praying! So excited for you to get your referral and head to region! Soak it all in!

Lindy said...

I am SO glad you are all enjoying your time there! I LOVE LOVE LOVED our time in the city!!!
You are right that things will definitely change in region, but then you will have Dima visits to look forward to:)

I wanted to tell you to MAKE SURE you VIDEO when you first meet Dima. Not pictures, but video. Things will be hectic and you may feel like the video is a bother, but don't let that stop you. The video I have of our seeing the boys for the FIRST time is my favorite, priceless to me. The good thing is that you have your friend that can video you and Eric.

Ok, that was my tip of the day:)

SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

travcat said...

praying for you!! I can't wait to see pictures of you with your sweet angel boy!