Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Have FOUR Boys!

It has been far too long since my last post, but I've been busy caring for my new son; my fourth son!  I would like to officially share (for those of you not my friend on Facebook) that our newest son is Dimitry Daniel, or Dima!  Everything became official early last week, but there was so much driving around the Urkraine that I could not post even if I had wanted to.  That and our Internet connection in Kremenchuk was awful.

So what now?

Well, Carol, Dima, and I are now in Kiev awaiting our departure back to the States which will happen on Monday morning.  We will land in Tampa at 10:30 p.m. on Monday, and it cannot happen soon enough!  We have been here for 5 weeks (I think) and I miss my friends and family.  I am, however, enjoying my time with Dima.

Dima is an amazing little boy.  He is smart, sweet, funny, stubborn, naughty, and perfect- all of those in one little boy.  I learned that when Dima had been taken to the orphanage he could not speak and would not interact with people.  Many of you have seen the videos and he is anything but non-verbal and withdrawn!  He is so fully of life and energy (LOTS of energy!).  Dima is clever and very smart.  Yes, I used the word smart to describe my child with Down Syndrome because it is TRUE!  Dima's life has so much potential and for anyone to say otherwise is ignorant.  Sorry, but that is true.  I cannot wait to see where God leads Dima and the plans that God has for Dima's life.

Our time here in the Ukraine has also been more than just an adoption.  There was mission work that took place.  Eric helped some missionaries work on their "new" church building, I went into one of the villages and met with a family, and Dima also ministered to people by interacting with them.  The most significant meeting that took place was with the embassy doctor who examined Dima.  At first she was very short and almost rude to us.  Yet as she interacted with Dima she softened and then when she saw Dima interact with his Mama she had tears streaming down her face.  She had not spoken one word to me but out of nowhere, in broken English said, "Thank you...just....thank you.  He will have good life in America.  So much he can do.  Here Dima would be locked away.  Like monster."  Like a monster?!  Dima is anything but a monster!  She knew this and was moved.  I thanked her in return and gave the glory to God.

I could write a novel about my time here and my journey to Dima, but instead I will share the link to our Youtube Channel.  There you can pretty much see everything (well....almost everything).  Regardless, you will be able to SEE Dima and see him experience the world for the first time in 3 years.  To do so, click HERE.

Ooops!  Well A certain little man is in need of my attention.  More later!

P.S.  Please excuse misspellings- I am on Ukrainian Blogger and every word has been underlined in red.

No comments: