Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Most Unique Adoption Fundraiser: CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!

While Eric, Carol, and I were in the Ukraine we had the honor of meeting the Maddox Family.  They were there to adopt an adorable little boy, Danila, and by all accounts it seemed as though everything was going to go super smooth for them.  We all arrived in Kiev on the same day, August 4th.  Bryan and Laurie Maddox are STILL THERE!  Out of respect for their process I am not going to go into detail but suffice to say that things did not go as planned for them.  They have been stuck in their son's country now for well over one month.  I can only imagine what that must be like.  Their process has been grueling and draining in every way.

Another issue that they have run into is that their funds are low.  They had been fully funded but due to the unforeseen circumstances it has cost way more than they had planned.  As a result they are having one of the most unique fundraisers (and honestly the BEST) ever and I am asking that you prayerfully consider helping this family out.  Click HERE to learn more and visit one of their blogs.  They are offering an opportunity to win Eastern European chocolate!  That may not sound exciting to you, but trust me when I say that the chocolate I ate there was A W E S O M E and I miss it.  My favorite was the Roshen chocolate and their factory was located in Dima's town, Kremenchuk.

Please prayerfully consider helping this family.  Danila's birth family would also appreciate it as they were the ones who pushed to have Danila listed on Reece's Rainbow.

Thank you!

No comments: