Friday, December 16, 2011

Unashamed Begging

Many past entries were for raising money to bring our Dima home.  Thanks to the generosity of so many people known and unknown we met our goal and Dima is here with us today.  He is happy, healthy, safe, secure, and loving life.  He is blessed.  He has a hope.  He has a future.

But what about the others?  At Dima's orphanage there are about 245 children (conservative estimate) in dire need of families.  I've seen their faces.  I've held them.  I've hugged them.  I've prayed over them.  Dima asks about his friends not as often as before, but he still thinks of them.  I have also been to the other place.  I have walked those halls.  The institution.  The place where children get warehoused when there is no other option.  An adult mental institution, by the way.  Children in dire need of medical care and treatment are left to just sit and exist; if you even want to call that existing.






















See this adorable little boy above?  His name is Oleg.  How old do you think he is?  Take a guess....18 months, 1 year, 2 years?  No.  This sacred creation is SIX years old.  One year younger than our Dima and the size of a 2 year old.  Guess where he gets to go for Christmas?  

The institution.

No family.  No gifts.  No tree.  No church.  No cookies.  NOTHING.  HE GETS NOTHING!!!!

Does this upset you?  It should.  It should enrage you!!!  It should make you weep!!!!!  It should make you scream and cry!!!!!!!!  It should bring you to your knees and pray.  PRAY!!!!!!!!

If you could hear me saying these words you would hear that I am yelling and crying.  I feel sick at my stomach because to be honest, if this child does not get adopted the chances of his survival over the next 12 months is less than 30%.

What are you going to do about it?  I said, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?????!!!!!!!























And here is Shane.  I am not even going to play the guessing game with you now.  He is six and also getting transferred to the institution this week.  Nine days until Christmas and that is what is happening to Shane and Oleg.  What are you going to do about it?

I have seen Shane.  You see, he and Oleg were once residents at the orphanage where Dima lived.  I had no idea I had seen Shane until I saw this picture taken of him this past week.  Shane was being wheeled in a large, red, carriage with several other little ones.  I waved to him.  I smiled at him.  He is real.  A REAL little boy who desperately needs to be rescued.

Friends, I would personally get on the next flight to their country and bring these boys home myself if I had the money.  Who cares that I would have to squeeze 6 boys into two bedrooms.  Anything is better than what they have now.  TRUST ME- I have seen it!!!!!!  But I cannot rescue them.  Can YOU?! 

Can YOU rescue these little boys?

They have had two families commit to them and both times it has not worked out.  TWICE!!  

So yes.  I am BEGGING.  I am PLEADING for someone to rescue these boys.  At the very least donate to their grants with Reece's Rainbow so a family CAN rescue them.  At this time Oleg has $7302.75 in his grant and Shane has $2500.25.  That would be a huge help to any family brave enough to step out in faith.  

Are you that brave family?  Are you that family willing to make sacrifices to rescue these boys?  God made the ultimate sacrifice for us....how easy it should be for us to make sacrifices for helpless little ones.

I am challenging my brothers and sisters in the Lord nine days before Christmas to show the world what it means to be a Monday Morning Christian.

Do you accept this challenge?

3 comments:

one_plustwins said...

oh how I pray their family comes...breaks my heart.

rachelleevensen said...

I absolutely LOVE both of these boys and I am just in tears right now to hear that their transfer is imminent. Love seeing the new photos and heartsick to think of what their life will be like next week. PRAYING like crazy right now for them!

Rachelle (adopting Gideon/Eddie in 54)
http://addtothebeauty-evensen.blogspot.com

Jed and Kimber said...

You go girl!!! Thank you for being an example to me to not be ashamed so speak the truth about these little ones.
I'm so sad they lost their family. I pray the right people hear these words, see the sweet faces and ACT!