Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Meet The Booth Family

I've been sharing specific children listed on Reece's Rainbow over the past several entries.  It is my prayer that these little loves would be found by their family.  If ever you see a little one that has grabbed your heart, please feel free to ask me any questions.

But today I would like to share an actual family with you.  A family that has committed to rescue an orphan in a far off land.  As I was scrolling through the families on Reece's Rainbow, a particular family caught my eye.  Meet the Booth Family.  They are in the process of adopting a little girl, Makayla.  I wanted to share this family with you because the picture of Makayla just grabbed my heart and as a fellow Reece's Rainbow mama, my heart went out to Makayla's mama.


This is the only picture they have of their little girl- look at the sadness and desperation in this sweet girl's face.  It is as though she is in a prison or a bad dream.  Makayla has no idea that she does indeed have a family that loves her and will rescue her in the coming months.  If I were her mama this picture would haunt me and make me desperate to get to her.  This picture would also transform, in my mind, into the future.  What Makayla's life will be like- dresses, dolls, smiles, hug, kisses, bedtime stories, etc...

The Booth family are more than able to care for Makayla since their own biological daughter has similar health needs as this little love.  What a perfect fit!  You can learn about the Booths here and donate to Makayla's grant.  Sadly, at this time, there is only $10.00 in her grant.  If you would like to follow the Booth's adoption journey, click here.

How can you be a Monday Morning Christian on a Tuesday morning?  You could pray for Makayla and her new family, donate to Makayla's grant, and if you know the Booth's personally, help them as they do paper work for their adoption and encourage them.  No prayer will fall on deaf ears, no amount of money would be too small, and just a few words of encouragement can give a family a great deal of strength.

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.  John 14:18

2 comments:

Loving the Mommy Life said...

Their Makayla is in the same place as my tiny Keith. Seeing that little girl in a baby crib is too sad. Praying that they can get to her quickly. I know how badly I want to get my 5 home and I know all too well the worries that we Mamas share while we wait.

Thanks for advocating and spreading the word!

Bringing Makayla Home said...

Hi! This is from Makayla's mommy. I want to personally thank you for posting our little girl on your blog. It really touches our hearts knowing so many people care. We really can't wait to bring her home and give her the love she deserves! We hold her tightly in our hearts and lift her up in our prayers. Thank you again!