Sunday, January 6, 2013

Христос родился!

Christ is Born!

That is a traditional Orthdox Christmas greeting.  This evening, on the other side of the world, millions are celebrating Orthdox Christmas Eve.  Families are gather to have their traditional feast and there is love and happiness.  Christmas Eve is a favorite holiday among Ukrainians.

There is a particular little one, however, that I am thinking of who is not in the home of her family celebrating and having fun.  She is in a place where there may be little or no celebration.  I confess, I do not know exactly what it is like where she is, but I've been in similar places and they are not filled with love and happiness.

Last night I was overcome with sadness thinking about so many little ones who I had to leave behind but in my heart, there was one little face in particular.  I never had the honor of meeting her but I tried.  She is the same age as Dima and cannot walk.  She needs a family.  She needs medical care and therapies.  Most importantly she needs a family.


From what Dima has shared with us about his life in the orphanage Christmas was not a happy and jovial time.  I've seen pictures from some "celebrations" in Dima's past and he was never smiling.  None of the kids are smiling.  How sad.  How depressing!  I cannot help but wonder if she is wishing for a family for Christmas.  I wonder if she sits and looks out the window waiting for that family to walk through the door.  Are you that family?  Is there a family in her beautiful country?

While our materialistic and over commercialized American Christmas is already a distant memory, this little love is smack dab in the middle of Christmas.  I am asking today and tomorrow (January 6 and 7) that you prayerfully consider making a donation to Yasmine's grant.  Here grant is so close to being at $500!  Every dollar makes a difference.  It is also my prayer that she is found by her family.  It is my prayer that this time next year I am rejoicing that this little love is home with her family.

No comments: