Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Success for Camille & New Quest

First, I want to thank each and every one of you who donated to Camille's grant during the 2012 Angel Tree.  Overall the Angel Tree was a huge success for Reece's Rainbow and so many children.  Camille met her goal and then some!  It is now my prayer that Camille will have the opportunity for a family this year.  Please continue to pray for situation with Russia!

But now that the Angel Tree is over I am now going to focus on a little girl who I have shared with you all before.  Yasmine.

Yasmine was born with CP.  She has congeinital hydrocephaly as well.   Her feet/ankles are turned in, but she is able to pull to a stand and tries so hard to get around!   Surgery and therapy can make a world of difference for this darling little girl!

Dima knows this blue-eyed beauty.  More than once he has told me about playing dolls with her and says that he loves her.  Yasmine will be 9 in June and has gone for almost 9 years without proper medical care or therapy.  Yes, adopting her would mean lots of doctor appointments and therapies but she would be worth it to the right family.  My goal this year is to find Yasmine's family.  Her mom and dad.  Brothers and sisters.  Grandparents.  Aunts, uncles, and cousins.  Patience.  Love.  Medical care.  Everything that every child deserves.

Finally, I also want to help fund her grant as much as I can as I can.  Details to follow on that in the coming weeks.  Her grant is resting nicely at $451.61.  Can we get it to an even $500 by midnight Friday?

I will not leave you as orphans;  I will come to you.  John 14:18

No comments: