Friday, February 1, 2013

Poingo Auction for Edith

This morning I would like to post an auction to benefit Edith.  For those of you who have not yet been introduced, this is Edith:


This beautiful little girl is in Dima's former residence and I have met her.  I have held her.  I have loved on her.  She needs a family.  Edith desperately needs a family.  I have a plethora of videos containing Edith in action and talking to myself and my friend, Carol.  Interested families who have contacted Reece's Rainbow directly will be able to see the videos.

To help make her future adoption possible I am going to do some fundraising for her (and Yasmine - both girls are deserving!).  My first little fundraiser to benefit Edith is an auction of a nifty little learning system called Poingo.  It is similar to a TAG reader but there are no downloads involved.  The retail price on a Poingo is $30.00 and the one I have to offer is brand new, never used, and is from a smoke-free home.

The Point-and-Go Interactive Reader that teaches: Alphabet, Pronunciation, Vocabulary, Letter Shapes, Reading Skills. Touch the pen to the page to hear stories, play games, and more!
2 AAA batteries included.

Starting bid is $5.00.  You may make your bid in the comments below.  The auction will close at 12:00 a.m. February 8th and the winner will be announced later that day.  The highest bidder will make their tax-deductible contribution to Edith's grant with Reece's Rainbow and then email the receipt to me directly so I can send your Poingo to you.

Unfortunately at this time our family has no plans to adopt Edith or Yasmine but we are doing this because we care.  We love these children and we feel an extra special connection to Edith.  After all, we saw her twice a day every day for four weeks.  You don't walk away from these children and not care (unless you are calloused and uncaring).

I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you.  
-John 14:18