Monday, July 22, 2013

Fantastic Weekend = Full Hearts

This past weekend was just the best.  It is not often that I say that as our weekends usually not all that exciting.  But this one was one for the books!

Friday evening the boys had their last night of VBS at church.  It ended with a wonderful end of the week program for the parents topped with juice and cookies.  The boys learned so much this past week and we were all sad for it to end.  Those who volunteered went above and beyond and I can honestly say it was the most amazing VBS I have ever seen!

Saturday was another day full of fun for our family.  It was the Key Training Center's annual softball game against the Citrus County Sheriff's Department which was all part of their big Run for the Money week.  Many of our friends were playing in the softball game so we had promised them that we would be there to cheer them on.  Despite the fact that we had not had much sleep all week we rolled out of bed and made it and boy was it worth the effort!  Not only did we get to cheer on our friends, but the Sheriff's Department invited DIMA to play on their team!  Dima actually hit a ball, ran the bases, and scored!  At the end he was the recipient of the game ball.  What a wonderful experience for him.


The Key's dugout.
Eric, Sammy, Elijah & Jeremiah.  If you recall a previous entry where I shared about Donald (the man from the Love Department who accepted Christ), you can see Donald to Eric's right.  He is wearing a bright yellow shirt.
Our family with our dear, dear, dear friend, Troy.  He calls us his "adopted family" and we love him so much.  He sits with us in church every week, loves on Sammy and Dima, and is an encourager to everyone he meets.  This past spring he received an award and he he still managed to turn around and bless others with his words.
Posted by Picasa

Saturday afternoon I made a trip to the bead store to gather some more items for my necklaces and bracelets.  I took ALL FOUR boys with me and they had a blast.  Not only that, but they were well behaved, too.  For those of you who have not yet visited my Etsy store, please take a moment to check it out.  I am by no means super accomplished at making jewelry but I have fun doing it and am selling my items to help raise money for our adoption.  Here are some examples of what I have made:







 
 

Sunday, of course, was church.  It was another wonderful day of worship with my favorite folks (aka The Love Department) and my heart was just overflowing with love by time my head hit the pillow last night.  Unfortunately I have four little misters who have had a little too much fun and are all down for the count with nasty colds.  Hopefully a quiet day will cure that.  At least we have full hearts and smiles on our faces.

No comments: