Friday, July 12, 2013

Just One Word: Yes


We often get asked, "WHY do you adopt children with special needs?"

My short answer is this:  If my God asks me to do something I always say yes.  Jesus said yes to dying on the cross for me therefore I owe everything I have to my Lord and Savior!  And not out of a sense of dreaded obligation, but out of a sense of love for the One who has undying love for me!

But the following is my long answer and I would love to share it with anyone patient enough to read it through:

I LIVE my life, not observe others live theirs. Life is meant to be LIVED!
*The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10

When God asks me to do something, I obey. The blessings of obedience are AMAZING.
*Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. John 14:23-24

I do not live my life in fear or worry (or try to not base my decisions on fear or worry) because the Word said it is a sin. I don't *want* to sin. Do you?
*Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:6-7

God has proven Himself over and over. He is faithful even when things get rough.
*He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ... Psalm 91:1-16

The things in life truly worth doing are never easy. Adoption is no exception to this.
*Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Children are a BLESSING not a *burden* but again, that does not mean it is easy. When the parenting gets tough the parent gets on her knees!
*Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3

And finally, it is my life and that of my family. WE are HAPPY with our decisions. Just because it may seem "outrageous", "crazy", "not thought out", or "just wrong" to you doesn't mean that it is any of these things. If you have a problem with it you might want to take some time to *pray* about it. I am guessing that if you are making such comments prayer has not even crossed your mind.
*Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Just as our family said yes to adopting Channah, Channah has said yes to having a family!  Below is a video that I received yesterday afternoon from her orphanage.  They are asking her if she wishes to have a Mama and Baba.  Channah replies, "Yes".  They then tell her that she is a good girl.  What an amazing gift to see our future daughter also take a step of faith towards us!



No comments: