Friday, August 9, 2013

Moving Along

Our adoption process seems to be moving forward once again.  The pace may be that of a snail but forward progress is forward progress, no?

I had my physical today and Eric has his on Monday.  Hopefully by the end of next week our forms will be completed and I can set those aside with some other documents that we have for our Dossier.  I am also finishing up the background checks and since we have lived in so many States our background checks have been extensive.  Hope to send out the last few next week, too,

In other non-adoption news the boys went back to school this past Monday.  I was very sad to see them go but they were excited and very much looking forward to the new school year.  Eric and I are quite pleased with their new teachers and we are also pleased with Dima's new placement at the CREST school.  His behavior has been wonderful both at school and at home, and he seems to be so much more relaxed and happy.  It is going to be a good year.

So what do I do with all of my "spare time"?  HA!  There really is not much of that as I am trying to get caught up on housework, laundry, adoption stuff, and making more necklaces for my Etsy Shop!  On average I am selling at least one necklace per day and I am very thankful for the many orders that I have had.  This past week I ordered some items off of Ebay that are bound to make some great necklaces!  In the meantime here are some new items that I completed today:

Beautifully detailed turtle.

The Four Seasons.

I am not going to lie- this is my favorite at the moment.  This little guy reminds me of a Ukrainian cartoon.

Heart and cross.
The sizes are different now that I've been purchasing chains from another supplier.  I can custom fit the necklaces to your specifications.  If you wish to place an order please visit my Etsy Shop:  Chicken Momma's Change.  Remember, the the money made by the sale of these necklaces goes towards adoption expenses!

Today it really hit me how much I long to have Channah in our lives.  Sure, I've loved her all along but there was indeed a small part of me trying to guard my heart.  But today the wall totally and completely crumbled under the weight of love for a young lady whose picture and videos captured our hearts.  I know that technically she is not mine but I love her as though she is.

Well, it is Friday and Eric is about to come home from work.  I am looking forward to another great weekend with my boys and then a fantastic Sunday morning with my favorite folks (The Love Department!).  I hope you all have a great weekend, too! 

No comments: