Monday, January 6, 2014

Quick Update

Good morning!  I hope that your family had a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.  Our family had a WONDERFUL Christmas and are now excited to be in the year that Yun will hopefully become part of our family.

In my previous entry I had shared that we had appointments to have our biometrics done.  On January 2nd Eric and I drove down to Tampa and had our fingerprints done and accepted!  We are now waiting on approval from USCIS.  This morning I spoke with someone from immigration and learned that we do not yet have an officer assigned to our family and that the average wait time is 65 days.  Immigration cannot take longer than 90 days to make a decision so that puts us at about the halfway point of our wait.  Our application was received on November 27 so I am counting from there.  That would put us having approval by the end of this month or the beginning of next.

In the meantime I am going to be hitting the fundraising hard.  As of right now I only have my Etsy Shop up and running.  100% of the profit goes directly towards our adoption!  The boys are still on Christmas break but when they head back to school I will have more time to devote to fundraising and my shop.

Until then, would you please pray for Yun?  The weather has been very cold in her neck of the woods and I pray that she is healthy and warm.  Please also pray that we would be assigned an immigration officer soon and receive approval by the end of the month.  Thank you!

No comments: