Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Sammy Wammy!!

Eight years ago today at this time I was having an emergency c-section.  It is a long story but suffice to say that my amniotic fluid was non-existant and our little fellow's chances of survival were not very high.  I'll never forget that sickly little cry and how my tiny little baby was whisked off before I could even see or hold him.  That first night I stood on my feet for hours praying over Sammy.  His heart would stop and the nurse would say, "O.K. momma, time for you to do your job- PRAY!".  I never bargained so hard with God or pleaded so fiercely for a miracle.  The love that I had for that baby was immeasurable and I would have gladly given my own life so that he could have his.  And I had yet to even hold him.

And now, eight years later, my Sammy is still here and he is an amazing little boy.  As my mom puts it, he "sparkles".  Oh does he ever!  There is something special about him, how he loves life, how he loves others and animals.  Over the past year and a half we have been going through a lot of medical testing and the like and he is under the care of a neurologist and a geneticist.  While we still do not have all of the answers we are looking for I know that God knows.  I know that Sammy loves the Lord and trusts Him fully with the number of his days. He sometimes puts my own faith to shame.

Each of my boys have specific interests and for Sammy it is animals.  While he insists that he will be a cop someday I think deep down he is destined to be a vet.  He LOVES animals of all kind and he LOVES LOVES LOVES his dogs (Caleb, our Weim and Murphy, Sammy's Jack Russell).  We have had rabbits, dogs, hermit crabs, frogs, toads, fish, and even chickens.  Sammy would love to have a mini farm so we could have goats, some pigs, and maybe even a horse.  Ha!  We need more land for that.  But I love his heart.

So as a birthday tribute to my sweet Sammy, I leave you with some of my most favorite pictures of him.  They are mostly with animals, too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY WAMMY BO BAMMY!!!!!

My most favorite picture of Sammy ever (he was 3).  THIS is his face, his personality, his "sparkle".
Sammy at age 2 with our former dog, Jax.  Those two were always together.

Another picture of Sammy and Jax.
Sammy holding one of our former rabbits, Lina.  She was a house bun who was litter trained and all.  With Sammy and Lina is Elijah.
Sammy with one of our current dogs, Caleb.
Sammy on a pony at the Cooter Festival this past October.
Sammy feeding some goats.
Sammy at the neurologist with Dima.
Sammy with his surprise birthday gift this year:  Murphy the naughty Jack Russell.
Sammy singing to Caleb.
Sammy at Shriner's Hospital in Tampa.

Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.
—Psalm 127:3-5

At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
—Matthew 18:1-3




No comments: