Monday, April 14, 2014

Dreams Do Come True

Dear Yuan,

I received a note from Ms. Tang this morning and learned that you now know without a doubt you have a family.  Sadly there was no video of this moment or pictures, but the written words are a treasure.  I can read them and re-read them knowing that one of your most deepest desires has just come true:

"She is smart and very excited to be adopted.  When she sees her friends get adopted she feels jealous because she wants a family.  She always asks, 'Can you help me find a home?'  The nannies told her she has a family and she almost can't believe it.  She keeps asking for reassurance, 'Are you sure?  I really have a mom and dad?'  Every time she sees her nanny she asks, 'When can I see my mom and dad?'  Even though she has Cerebral Palsy her development is good.  She is afraid her mom and dad won't like her.  Usually they call her by her nickname, Yuan Yuan.  She is going to school and doing well."

As I read the words tears ran down my face.  You know it feels like this is all a dream to me, too.  "Do I really have a daughter?  Really?"  Almost every day I ask the adoption agency, "When can we go to China?".  And I also have fears that maybe you won't like us.  But you know what?  I think we can do this.  We have all waited so long for this to happen that it will give us the strength and determination that we all need.  YOU, Yuan, are strong, smart, and you never gave up hope.  I admire you for that.  You have much to teach us, your new family.

These next several weeks are going to feel like an eternity as we all prepare for this new chapter in our lives.  You will finish up school, your brothers will finish up school, we will finish getting your room ready, and Elijah and I will begin to pack up for one of the most amazing trips of our lives.  I have been gathering some clothes to bring to you and I try to imagine what you will look like.  Will you like them?  I know that you love to wear dresses so I may have gone a little overboard in that department.  Your closet has nothing but dresses at the moment.

I wish I could tell you in person how much you are already loved.  How daddy and I have laid awake at night praying for you.  Being scared is normal, I think.  But I truly hope that you soon learn that you have nothing to worry about.  You are loved.  You are cherished.  You are our daughter.

I love you.

Always & forever,

Mom xoxoxoxo...


4 comments:

koalawoman said...

Jenny, tears were pouring down my face as I read this. I am so excited for all of you, for the family here that waits for their daughter and sister but also for the daughter that anxiously awaits her Mom and Dad to come bring her home. I can't wait to meet her. God bless all of you and I hope the wait goes by very quickly. HUGS Lisa Vinson

koalawoman said...

Jenny, tears were pouring down my face as I read this. I am so excited for all of you, for the family here that waits for their daughter and sister but also for the daughter that anxiously awaits her Mom and Dad to come bring her home. I can't wait to meet her. God bless all of you and I hope the wait goes by very quickly. HUGS Lisa Vinson

Julia said...

SWEET. SO SO SWEET!!

P said...

Incredible. Sending you all patience and strength during these excitingly excruciating weeks!