Tuesday, May 13, 2014

So Very Close

Last week Jeremiah and I traveled to Pittsburgh, PA, my hometown, to visit with my family for the week.  We had a great week of visiting with family and most importantly, I was able to spend time with my 91-year-old Grammy.  The day before we left, however, our adoption process suddenly picked up the pace when we received our I-800a approval.  WOW!  Surprise!  I really had not been expecting that until this week or next.  That also meant that our Article 5 was dropped off at the offices in Beijing.  That takes about two weeks to process.

For those of you wondering what an Article 5 is here is an explanation: This is the last phase before your papers are submitted to CCCWA for your Travel Approval (TA). We send all of your immigration papers, documents, and letters to the Consult in China to affirm that all of your documents are in order. This is a two-part process. Your papers will then be sent to CCCWA to await the issue of your TA.

And here is the explanation of TA or Travel Approval:  Once travel approval is given, AAC will make the necessary appointments at government agencies that will be need approvals to finalize your adoption. Once these appointments are scheduled, you will be able to make your flight arrangements to China. Travel to China usually occurs about 2-3 weeks following your TA. Usually AAC arranges for families to receive their children within 24 hours after arriving in China. The official adoption typically takes place within 48 hours after arriving. Your child will also be sworn in as an American citizen and will become official once your child lands on American soil.

So what does this all mean?  It means that we are VERY close to the finish line!  It is possible that Elijah and I will be in China at the end of June or beginning of July.  In the grand scheme of things it is not really all that far away!

We have also been informed that our dear daughter wishes to have an American name:  Grace Anne.  Grace means elegance, lovely, and beauty.  It also, of course, means grace.  Grace.  My daughter.

The orphanage had sent us an update on Grace a few weeks back and I shared one of the photos with the intention to hold everything hostage.  Unfortunately that did not go too well so now I will just share our gifts with you.

I LOVE this picture.  I see a spunky young lady who will be able to hold her own with four brothers.

I shared this picture in my previous entry but here it is again.  This picture also shows that she is already into something that she and her brothers will have in common:  Sticks and dirt.
But even better than pictures are videos.  We received two that I would like to share.



Our family has watched these videos over and over trying to notice something new about her every time.  My goodness we wish we could just reach through and pull her to us.  Soon.  

In the meantime we have $7,000 $10,000 (I had failed to add Elijah's travel expenses) left to earn/raise before that can become a reality.  It can be done.  I have some fundraisers going at the moment:  

My Etsy shop, of course, is still up and running.  In fact I hope to have some new items in there over the next week or so.  100% of my profit from that goes directly towards our adoption.  






There is also a Dove Discoveries chocolate party from now until May 31st.  20% of Kate Olson's commission will go towards our adoption!  There are some YUMMY products to choose from so you don't want to miss out!  If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Katie or myself. 

I mean REALLY!  Buy CHOCOLATE, help Grace come home.  It is a win/win!!!

YUMMY!!!!

Are you drooling yet?

I have personally never had a chocolate martini but I'm sure there are some folks out there that would enjoy one!

Decadent.

WHO DOESN'T LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!
To place an order with Kate, please do the following:   


2. Click on the menu tab Shop Online 

3. Browse the Ready to Eat Treats, Drinks, Desserts, etc. 
and add the items you want to your shopping bag 

4. Click on Proceed to Check Out 

5. Click on Order Check Out

6. On the next screen you will see two boxes. Choose the one that says, "Were You Invited to a 
Tasting Party" and click on "Yes, help me find my Host" 

7. Type in Jenny Monier and click Search. (This is important – otherwise you won’t be 
part of my party!) 

8. When my name pops up, select the box next to it and click on Accept My Host 

9. Proceed to Check Out


Then, last but not least, there is always Ginger on a Mission!  Susan makes amazing handbags and other beautiful items.  50% of your purchase can go towards our adoption, just make sure you mention that at the check out.

Mini tote.

Wristlet.

Business card holder.

Full sized tote.
So the mountain that stands between our family in the finish line may seem large, but it can be climbed!  Soon we will be at the finish line with Grace by our side!  

No comments: